Job title: Commercial Production Intern – Summer 2024
Job description: Company Description
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal internships are true learning and growth opportunities that help set students up for an exciting future career in media. We are committed to developing early career talent, and we are focused on helping our interns realize their potential and their dreams.
NBCU interns are a diverse and curious community of innovators and trailblazers. They bring their passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with their desire to learn each day. They contribute to our vast and diverse portfolio of businesses in hands-on ways that matter. We provide a program full of opportunities for professional development, leadership exposure, connection, networking, and fun.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2023 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns
Telemundo Chicago/NBC 5 is seeking interns who have a strong interest in promo and commercial production.
If you are a team player looking to get hands-on experience in video production and interested in experimenting with what it is like to be part of a creative team and a supportive team of producers/editors, then this is the internship for you.
- Assist producers and editors on a daily basis
- Attend promo and commercial shoots
- Assist in writing scripts when needed
- Help on station events when needed
- Other production functions as needed
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: March 1, 2024 at 11:59 pm CT. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don’t delay!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program
- Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Ability in writing scripts
- Knowledge of basic lighting
- Experience in editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of Graphics production
- Knowledge in aftereffects and experience working with clients are a big plus
- Knowledge in shooting with DSLR cameras
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous Internship Experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 05:11:35 GMT