We now have been asking for a minimum of 4 years now for the flexibility on a Put on OS or different smartwatch to pair it with a brand new cellphone with out having to first manufacturing unit reset the watch. We’ve even written and begged Google for such capability, as a result of we don’t know why this wasn’t a factor from day 1. And for those who’ve ever had to do that course of, you understand how terrible it may be as a result of the chipsets utilized in older watches have been past gradual, overheated throughout setups, and positively made the method of a manufacturing unit reset something however fast.
With the launch of Put on OS 4, Google announced that we’d lastly be capable of do the factor we’ve all the time dreamed of. Put on OS 4 is bringing a “Switch watch to new cellphone” characteristic that’s first out there on Samsung’s new Galaxy Watch 6 sequence. It’s solely out there on these watches in the mean time as a result of no different watch runs Put on OS 4, not even the Google Pixel Watch.
I used to be in a position to take this cellphone switching maneuver for a spin this week after I completed up my review of the Galaxy Z Flip 5. I had my present Galaxy Watch 6 Traditional hooked up to it, however now need it related to my Galaxy S23. As I’ve now walked by way of it, I figured you may need to see how this course of works.
Find out how to: Swap Galaxy Watch 6 (Put on OS 4 watch) to new cellphone with out manufacturing unit resetting
1. Step one to switch your Galaxy Watch 6 or Galaxy Watch 6 Traditional (or when Put on OS 4 arrives on different Samsung watches) will likely be to move into Settings on the watch after which into Common.
2. In Common, you’ll discover an possibility known as “Switch watch to new cellphone,” which you’ll faucet on to start out the method.
3. You’ll then be met with a affirmation display informing you that to proceed, the watch and new cellphone should have a Google Account that matches. If that’s the case, press the checkmark button.
4. When you faucet the checkmark, the “Beginning switch…” display will seem.
5. It’s right now that you’ll open the Galaxy Put on app in your new cellphone and both “Add new gadget” from the facet menu or for those who’ve by no means used it, it is best to see a display like under, with the watch out there for pairing.
6. When you faucet on the watch out there within the “Choose your gadget” display in your new cellphone, the method begins. You’ll now pair by confirming the pairing code on watch and cellphone, approving license and privateness coverage agreements, and giving the app/watch all the correct permissions it wants when it prompts you.
7. As soon as by way of these few screens, you’ll sit again and let the cellphone end up the method. It might have to first obtain some software program that’s particular to the watch you might be pairing. It’ll then present a progress display known as “Ending up…”
8. And that’s it! As soon as it finishes at 100%, you have to be paired to your new cellphone and also you didn’t even need to manufacturing unit reset your watch. The Galaxy Put on app ought to present your new watched prepared for motion with battery stage, entry to all settings, and the identical watch face you had when hooked up to your outdated cellphone. My pleasure virtually can’t be contained.
Good job, everybody.