Final week, Google delivered Beta 5 for Android 14, the final huge replace to the beta earlier than we get official launch later this yr. This week, we’re getting a small replace to Beta 5.1 for all supported Pixel units.
After trying over the changelog, it’s a somewhat small bug fixer replace, however in the event you’re one of many customers who suffered from these bugs over the past week, you’ll doubtless be relieved to know that this replace is now rolling out. The entire particulars are under.
Android 14 Beta 5.1 Launch Information
- Launch date: August 18, 2023
- Pixel Pill and Pixel Fold: UPB5.230623.005.A1
- All different units: UPB5.230623.005
- Emulator help: x86 (64-bit), ARM (v8-A)
- Safety patch stage: August 2023
- Google Play companies: 23.18.18
What’s Inside Beta 5.1?
The Android crew lists this precisely for what it’s — a small bug fixer patch for Beta 5. Inside, you’ll see fixes for bugs equivalent to SIM card detection, connectivity interruptions, clean dwelling screens, and extra. The total listing of fixes is under, however it’s comparatively small.
- Fastened a difficulty that triggered the system to cease detecting a SIM card if Fastened Dialing Quantity (FDN) options have been enabled.
- Fastened a difficulty that triggered connectivity interruptions for units with carriers utilizing 5G standalone (SA) mode.
- Fastened a difficulty for some units the place a clean dwelling display screen displayed after unlocking the gadget.
- Fastened a efficiency challenge by quickly disabling feather-styled stay wallpaper on Pixel Fold. The stay wallpaper model will likely be re-enabled after the opposite underlying points are mounted.
The Android 14 Beta 5.1 is obtainable to:
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5 and 5a
- Pixel 6 and 6 Professional
- Pixel 6a
- Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Professional
- Pixel 7a
- Pixel Fold
- Pixel Pill
Trying to flash the most recent Android beta? We’ve got full directions on this publish here.