8 policemen, one civilian martyred in suicide assault on Balochistan Constabulary van in Bolan – Pakistan
9 people, together with eight policemen and one civilian, have been martyred in a suicide assault on a Balochistan Constabulary van within the Dhadar tehsil of the Kacchi district in Bolan on Monday.
In keeping with Inside Minister Rana Sanaullah, the blast occurred at 10am on the Kambri bridge within the space bordering the Sibi and Kachhi districts.
He mentioned the police van was returning to Quetta from Dhadar, the place the Balochistan Constabulary personnel — a division of the provincial police power that gives safety at necessary occasions and in delicate areas, together with jails — was posted for responsibility at a Sibi cultural competition.
“The van collided with a motorbike which was being pushed by a suicide bomber. In consequence, 9 folks have been martyred, of which one was a civilian,” Sanaullah mentioned, including that 13 folks have been injured within the assault.
Three wounded individuals, he went on to say, have been in essential situation. “We worry the demise toll will improve to double digits.”
The minister mentioned no organisation had up to now claimed accountability for the assault.
He said that the injured folks had been instantly flown to Quetta through a helicopter and the federal authorities was intently coordinating with the Balochistan authorities with regard to the martyred, their compensation and the medical remedy of the wounded.
Earlier, Kachhi Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Mahmood Notezai informed Daybreak.com that an emergency had been imposed at hospitals throughout Quetta.
He additionally mentioned that bomb disposal squads and safety personnel had arrived on the blast web site and cordoned it off to gather proof.
‘No cuts in resources provided to LEAs’
Sanaullah asserted that law enforcement agencies, including the police and counter-terrorism departments, were working in synergy to eliminate terrorism from the country.
“I also want to bring this on record that despite the prevailing economic situation […] and that austerity measures are being employed everywhere […] no cut has been made in the resources being provided to law enforcement agencies to maintain peace,” he said.
Sanaullah assured that all the promises made in the apex committee, which was attended by all the provincial and federal governments, were being fulfilled on a priority basis.
“With the resolute resolve of the nation, we will soon control this new wave of terrorism,” the minister promised.
Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo condemned the attack and expressed grief at the number of casualties.
He said terrorist elements wanted to accomplish their wicked aims through cowardly actions, adding that they were conspiring to keep Balochistan under-developed by creating unrest and instability in the province.
“All such conspiracies will be made unsuccessful with the public’s support,” the chief minister vowed in a statement.
Bizenjo conveyed his sympathies to the families of the martyred, asserting that they were national heroes. “The sacrifices of the martyred will not go to waste,” he promised.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif condemned the incident as well and paid tribute to the valour of the martyred policemen, APP quoted the premier’s press launch as saying.
He mentioned terrorism in Balochistan was a part of a nefarious design to create instability within the nation and promised to free the nation from the menace of terrorism.
Later in a tweet, he mentioned that the policemen who have been martyred in Bolan right this moment have been “heroes of the nation” and prayed for the bereaved households.
Additionally, Sanaullah expressed deep grief and sorrow over the lack of valuable lives within the assault.
He paid tribute to the martyrs and sought a report from the authorities involved concerning the incident.
Surge in terrorism
Over the past few months, the law and order situation in the country has worsened, with terrorist groups executing attacks with near impunity across the country.
Since the talks with the TTP broke down in November, the militant group has intensified its attacks, particularly targeting the police in KP and areas bordering Afghanistan. Insurgents in Balochistan have also stepped up their violent activities and formalised a nexus with the outlawed TTP.
According to statistics released by the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies (PICSS), an Islamabad-based think-tank, January 2023 remained one of the deadliest months since July 2018, as 134 people lost their lives — a 139 per cent spike — and 254 received injuries in at least 44 militant attacks across the country.